Applied Biosystems® Protein Thermal Shift™ kits allow users to employ a dye that binds to exposed hydrophobic residues to monitor the thermal stability of proteins using a real-time PCR instrument in order to identify buffer conditions that stabilize the protein of interest or screen libraries of ligands for compounds that bind the protein of interest.
Save Time and Money with Your Sample Screening
This solution significantly reduces the time and cost associated with screening samples relative to currently available methods. Protein Thermal Shift™ products that are run on our real-time PCR systems enable researchers to inexpensively and efficiently:
• Screen samples for relative protein thermal stability
• Screen molecules (e.g. small molecule drug candidates, fragment-based libraries, and antibodies) for ligand binding to proteins in a high-throughput manner
• Screen samples for stability changes after protein point mutations or modifications
• Systematically identify suitable⁄optimal buffer conditions for the measurement of protein-ligand interactions, production of stable protein preparations, protein crystallization, and storage of proteins
• Quickly QC protein preps to ensure protein integrity and⁄or purity
Two Kits to Choose From
The Protein Thermal Shift™ Dye Kit contains the dye and buffer for performing protein thermal shift experiments, enough for up to 2000 reactions. The Protein Thermal Shift™ Starter Kit
contains the Dye Kit plus a control protein and control ligand for test experiments and troubleshooting. The Protein Thermal Shift™ Starter Kit components are packaged in two boxes, one to be stored at -20°C and the other at 4°C, for maximum flexibility in reagent formulation.
Simplify Analysis with Protein Thermal Shift™ Software
Our complete Protein Thermal Shift™ solution includes analysis software
which is compatible with run files generated from five of our real-time PCR systems: StepOne™ Real-Time PCR System, StepOnePlus™ Real-Time PCR system, 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System, and ViiA™7 Real-Time PCR System.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostics procedures.